Saturday, December 17, 2005

Writing Rituals

After perusing the Scribosphere, it looks like everybody has their own set of unique writing rituals. Besides shackling myself to my computer, snorting geeker lines of pureed coffee beans, and popping Vivarin like Skittles, I enjoy listening to music. Regardless of genre, it gets me into the writing mood.

So, if you enjoy taking the music trip, what's on your playlist, rotation, etc?


My current playlist for the Horror spec I'm working on:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon and The Wall
System of A Down - (All Albums)
Bach - (for the darker moments, and, besides, Bach rocks!)

4 Comments:

At December 18, 2005 2:24 PM, Blogger Adam Renfro said...

This might be a wives tale, but it's backed up by some hard facts, but I heard that The Wall is syncronized with the Wizard of Oz. Turn off the sound when you watch the movie, and play The Wall.

For writing a horror script I would alternate Tubular Bells and Yanni over and over. No matter what you're writing, it will become a horror script.

 
At December 18, 2005 5:17 PM, Blogger DDog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At December 18, 2005 8:52 PM, Blogger DDog said...

The wives tale is true, sort of, but with Dark Side of The Moon. At the beginning of Oz, when the MGM logo shows up, and after the third lion's roar, you press play on DSOTM. It seems like the audio and visual sync up, but --

I say 'sort of' true, because when you're intoxicated, and watching/listening, you WANT to believe that everything syncs up right. Who knows... I thought it was pretty cool.

Very true, listening to Yanni could make anything a horror. I hear Kenny G and Pavarotti do the trick, as well.

 
At December 19, 2005 10:23 AM, Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Ahh, Dark Side of the Moon. That would explain a lot. Maybe I'm not tone deaf then, or insync impaired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home