Friday, April 28, 2006

Is Your Concept Better Than You?

Or…

Do your concept and the required execution of said concept overshadow your abilities? I’ve been pondering this predicament over and over again with my current incantation. I reconvened with my writer’s group (side note: a writer’s group happens to be a rare gathering, here in the sticks of North Florida) and everybody dug the concept, the writing, and the first thirty pages.

Yet, my skull, as thick as it is, can’t let through the fact that I might be doing the right thing with this script. In other words, I have a great concept and I don’t wanna fuck it up. Ya dig? I know I’m not the only one out there who’s feeling the downage of the hey-maybe-I’m-not-such-a-good-writer-after-all blues.

Damn… I’m not tring to play the pity card, here... errr, maybe I am… but I’m sure everybody has a slight downward-cycle during their writing process.

P.S. Buy the new TOOL album on Tuesday. It. Will. Rock.

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2006 6:31 PM, Blogger Adam Renfro said...

know your story - be your story, and you'll do fine.

I think that's Chevy Chase from Caddyshack, but I'm sticking with the advice.

 
At May 03, 2006 9:06 PM, Blogger DDog said...

Be the ball... be the ball... Great flick!

I'm slowly edging my way into being a part of the story; just taking more time than usual -- compared to other projects -- to get to where I want to be within the story... thus, the self doubt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home